UCPath is the University of California’s systemwide priority project to implement a single payroll, benefits, human resources and academic personnel solution for all UC employees. In addition to replacing UC’s 35-year-old payroll/personnel system with a single, new payroll and human resources technology system (HRMS), UCPath will:
- Standardize and streamline payroll and human resources processes systemwide
- Centralize certain human resource/academic personnel and payroll transactional processes with the UCPath shared service center.
Project Goals & Deliverables
UCOP will deliver the HRMS to all UC campuses and Medical Centers on a staggered deployment schedule beginning in 2015. UCSF Go Live is September 2019. UCSF Project goals and deliverables are:
- Achieve business process alignment with UCPath shared service center in Riverside
- Convert campus data from our current payroll/personnel system and the Medical Center data from its PeopleSoft Human Capital Management (HCM), Talent Acquisition Management (TAM) and ePerformance instances to UCPath
- Enable transfer of daily operational data between UCSF and the UCPath shared service using batch interfaces and real-time integration
- Modify, as needed, UCSF systems (e.g., Magical Path Machine (MPM), HBS/Timekeeping) to enable integration with UCPath
- Optimize our Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) to support planning and decision-making in Staff and Academic Personnel.
In preparation for our UCPath deployment, the PMO will engage UCSF Health and Campus HR stakeholders to:
- Deploy Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology to transform the customer engagement experience that includes ticketing, case and knowledge management, mobile apps and telephony
- Digitize personnel files to enable direct, effortless and intelligent access to HR information and records